- being a better friend
- being a better blogger and sticking to some sort of schedule
- taking time out of my day to meditate
- ACTUALLY DOING YOGA INSTEAD OF JUST WANTING TO
- being less of an introvert… not a bad thing… just not really working for me personally anymore and it’s something about myself id really like to change.
- my art
- being less critical of my art
- putting more of myself out there
- speaking more kindly about myself and to myself daily
- taking others feelings into consideration
- getting up at 7 everyday if not earlier
- being more realistic
- planning things out and making them a reality
- get into doing other peoples makeup
- get more creative with looks
- start doing lash extensions on the side bc therapeutic and $$$$
- working with other people and branching out more creatively
- try the local modeling thang
- get comfortable having your photo taken
- blog more and get into the docs style you really enjoy
- learn multiple languages this year
- transition into veganism
- speak things into existence
- be a better friend
- do more
- be more
- build a brand for yourself just being yourself
- figure out how to work with brands and do it
- build your socials
- build this site
- be happier every day
When I cut all my hair off after moving and became a new bitch
Towel is from walmart and drink is from Dunkins 😉
Backpack is from Amazon.. I think it was only $20ISH
Hello my friends! Lately I have had a fire under my ass to make things happen for myself.. I am so close to graduating, I can taste it on the tip of my tongue. Most of my classmates are already applying and some even interviewing for salons but I still feel like I need to get out and experience more before all of the settling happens. My ideal life is one where i can work for myself, maybe own my own spa someday where we offer makeup services as well as skin/ body/ relaxation services. I know I want to create my own products and have my own line, even if its small. Just a basic natural regimen that could work for all skin types.. I have had my ups and downs more so over this past year of life and would love to be able to share my life and my story and all of the learning experiences I have had this year and the adventures that go along with them. I have so many hopes and dreams and I’m trying to go big with all of them and they each seem very tangible to me. I hope to nanny somewhere this summer. I’m thinking Maine, Rhode Island, Virginie, Florida, or Texas. I really have been thinking about spending the summer in Florida a lot over this past week. It’s been so heavy on my mind. I got a link from a friend of mine that had a successful experience nannying in New York City for a year so wish me luck! I really want to make this happen. Go back and forth to Arkansas for the first month after I graduate, spend time and travel with my friends, a few trips are already in the works so look out for those! I want to spend a few months maybe 2? By a beach somewhere or at the very least just somewhere new and laid back. Somewhere where I can continue to grow, be at peace, and focus on my blog and arts. There are so many things I am working on right now, I’m a bit overwhelmed but in all of the very best ways! Wish me luck and I’ll be doing the same for any of you! Follow me on instagram @Zirbellious and twitter @zirbellious to keep up with me, dm me, or just to get a good giggle I guess…
All my love
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Dead Poets Society
- Rosemarys Baby
- Corpse Bride
- All of the Harry Potter Series
- The Craft
- Silence of the Lambs
- The Rite
- Beautiful Creatures
- The Little Vampire
- The Shining
- Practical Magic
- All of the Lord of the Rings Series
- Hocus Pocus
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Monster House
- The Mummy
- American Mary
- Sleepy Hollow
- Haunted Mansion
- The Addams Family
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Got to Apple Holler and go apple picking
- Go to a psychic
- Go thrift shopping at some cute local downtown spots
- Make some new friends here
- Go to a haunted house
- Attend a yoga class
- Watch a TON of halloween movies (list coming next week!)
- Paint a spooky picture
- Go for a run on a falllll crisp morning
- Get a finger tattoo
Lately I feel like I have been growing. For once I actually feel like i am doing what I need to be doing for myself. Actually going after the goals I constantly set for myself. Even if they are small I’m actually setting out and doing stuff. I feel like life actually has a real purpose. I don’t know why I feel like this exactly but I just do and it’s overwhelming. I feel like myself. I feel alive. Maybe lifes purpose is to just try your best and be happy. I feel like everyone always has it in their minds that in order to have some amazing life you need to make a huge impact on the world, cure a disease, solve world hunger. But I just don;’t feel that way anymore. I think that if you are just doing you and you’re trying your best everyday just to be your vision of productive and happy then you are doing it my friends. You are actually living. So for me, I am in this new place. I’m spending my time alone trying to build and change this website that only like 4 people really look at. And I’m thrilled about it. I’m spending more time writing down all of my thoughts even though I’m a pretty below average writer. But I’m writing every single day and I’m trying to branch out with it finally and get better and have different styles, create different voices for myself. I’m drawing and sketching and just trying to learn things about myself and just do me. And it’s wonderful.
All my love
Happy Friday everybody! Today I have a book review for you guys! I read this in February and have actually reread it quite a few times since then. One of my favorite Youtubers, Will Darbyshire wrote this beautiful little thing and I can’t describe how much I’d love to just sit and talk with him for an hour. This book goes through the stages of crushing and love and breakups and if you’re going through something hard in your life like a break or a breakup or something rocky in general I feel like this would be good for you. Also I just feel like everyone who is interested in ever having a crush on someone or being in a good healthy relationship should read this. It made me feel thing and actually tear up which books don’t usually make me do. It hit me hard in some places and made me think deeper about certain parts of substantial relationships I’ve had in my life. It also gives you some insight into other people and how they feel. Idk. It just hits you. Don’t worry though if you’re worried about it being a super dark emo read. It has little bits of light humor and will definitely make you laugh in some places. I sat down and finished this in just a few hours so even if you feel like you never read because you just don’t have the time I would still take a look and try this. 100 percent worth the read! Find it here!
- Get your shit together with this damn website. Schedule posts ahead of time when you know you’ll be busy. Post sad things when you’re sad. It’s fine, it makes you feel better. Fuck it if people don’t like it, they can click the X.
- Get more physically in tune with yourself. If that means start lifting weights then sure go for it. Just do something physical that makes you feel alive and feel good about yourself this year. This is the year to create good habits for later in life.
- Get an esthetician license (I started school last week so girl in 5 months I’ll be set)
- Really get into yoga. I think you should start doing this every morning or every night. Just a little 10 minute thing even if you’re tired. I feel like this is the time to take up a really good meditative practice to carry you later in life. Create this habit now and reap the benefits when you’re working that 9-5 later on.
- Make a list of places you want to live. You know you will never be content you in one place the rest of your life. That’s just your nature. A few years here, a few years there. That’s just how you work.
- Make an effort to have flowers or plants in your room every week. There’s just something about that that makes you feel good so why not do it? It costs like $10 at walmart or $5 at the farmers market every week so why wouldn’t you do that?
- Stop spending money on shitty food. Stop with the mcdonalds. Stop with the eating out like once a day. Start packing your lunch for work and stuff.
- Get a skincare routine and stick with it (already working on this and will probably have a video up soon)
- Start up that podcast you and Danielle have been talking about since high school. You two together are unstoppable and really fucking funny and you know it.
- Get that channel going!! You have so many videos just sitting on this laptop and so many ideas. Take the time to get off your phone and put that energy towards editing and uploading a video at least once a week!
- Get your art out there. So many times you’ve had the opportunity to submit writing or art to a local show or zine! So do it! Stop being such a perfectionist and put it out there. (there’s actually an opportunity coming up this week and I’m going to try super hard to get on it)
- Take more pictures!!! Do those photo shoots with all of your photographer friends!! Schedule stuff with local people you’ve always admired!!! WYD cancelling on people girl!?
- Get rid of a ton of stuff. I have actually already started this. I have given so much shit away to savers and goodwill I don’t even want to go there because I feel like it would all be my clothes. This is the year of getting rid of all of the excess. Stop holding on to stupid shit you don’t use or need.
- Do more free lance makeup stuff. You have always wanted to do this it’s just kinda intimidating to you. You already did Josh’s makeup last week which wasn’t that hard was it? Go for it!
- Keep a journal or book or poems going. Always want to do this but never follow through. Always let your mood affect your inspiration and just don’t write. When really whenever you’re feeling shitty is probably the best time to write.
- Go to Hawaii. Been thinking about moving htere once I get my estheticians license but who knows. Maybe just a little trip? Maybe don’t come back?
- Take more weekend trips. You used to do this all the fucking time when you first graduated and you didn’t even money then. So wyd now? More trips to Hot Springs, local farmers markets on the weekends, trips to the lake, going hiking for the day, VISITING CAVES YOU HAVENT DONE THAT IN YEARS! So much in Arkansas to explore and so many people to visit just a few hours away?
- Get somewhere with my own brand. Get this website going, get my channel poppin, really do my own thing. That’s the dream right? I’m really going to be taking a look at how I present myself on social media this year and try to put nothing but positive stuff out there. Really want to try and brand myself.
- Learnt o cook at least one good ass meal. Come on ramen and cereal are not going to make you feel good or fuel your body the rest of your life.
- BE HAPPY. Focus on the positives! Cut out the negative people! Work on yourself!
Hey guys! So I finished my first week of esthetician training and I am so inspired and feel completely rejuvenated honestly. The program I am in focuses a lot on your own self confidence in your work I feel. We get all the information but there is honestly so many deeper things that go into esthetics. Like the other day we briefly learned about stone therapy but we didn’t go in depth and probably will not be receiving stones in our kits. The concept was something that had always interested me so what did I do? I went out the next day and I found a little beginner kit of stones and now I’m going to experiment on some friends of mine. In the first five days at school I have already tinted eyebrows and eyelashes, given a facial, learned a little more about essential oils and holistic practices, done a chemical peel, tried out microderm, and probably a lot more that I can’t remember at the moment. I feel like I can’t shut up about it so I’m sure there’s more. It’s weird, the past week I have felt like I’ve completely changed as a person. It’s just cool to be around people that have a desire to learn about the same thing as you, have conversations about things that inspire you, really go in depth about something you love. I’m already signed up to go to an esthetician conference in Dallas the first week of April and I’m honestly so excited about it. If you guys are in the Fort Smith area message me on instagram or twitter (@zirbellious on both) and maybe you could be a model or potential client of mine when I start taking clients in a few weeks. Thought I’d share where I’m at for now, will probably keep you guys updated on this little journey of mine.
All my love