In the Windgate Building
My personal favorite
Food Truck Finds
What A Babe
Hey guys! I don’t know if any of you live in the Fort Smith area but if you do you might have seen some advertisements for The Unexpected Project 2016. Last year Fort Smith and the University of Arkansas- Fort Smith had the opportunity to bring out different artist from across the world and paint murals all over our downtown for two weeks. Within that two weeks there was also an art event where locals got to do chalk art in the park and also they totally revamped the art department at UAFS.They opened a new building that serves as the art building where regular college classes are held and also as a public museum FOR FREE which at the time had work from some of the street artist doing murals for the event and other famous artists including Banksy. The whole thing was filmed and made into a series of some very beautiful videos. I was hoping they would come around again but wasn’t totally sure it would happen. You can’t even understand how ecstatic I was when these signs started popping up all around town. Last year I spent two weeks walking around in the heat downtown with pretty much no money just to observe the art that was going on. College students painted a mural, people were doing street art, vendors, the whole thing. It was so cool and I can’t wait for this to happen again. I want to find a way to participate in the event and when I get more info I will definitely share a link for all you art loving locals to join as well. Thanks for the read and I will be back with more material for you guys tomorrow!
All my love
Processed with VSCO with c1 preset
Processed with VSCO with c1 preset
Processed with VSCO with c1 preset
Hi guys! So a few weeks ago I found myself off of work, stuck at home with my sister, and we were both really bored and if you know either of us then you would know we are always down to get out of town. I’ve been to Crystal Bridges 4 or 5 times and every time I get back there I find that a lot of stuff has been changed or moved around. I think the last time I went was actually in the winter so I couldn’t really walk around outside on their newer trails and had definitely not seen the newer sculpture garden they had going on. We decided to take the drive out there and see what was new. My favorite part of this whole trip was honestly the new stuff they had outside. I’m not sure how new it was but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them before and they are kind of hard to miss so I’m just assuming. The huge sculpture represent season and are based off of famous paintings. They were so detailed and I honestly just wish I could odd something like that. I finally got to check out the room with the lights in it and take a picture. I know that that exhibit has been there a long time I just had never been in there for some odd reason. I loved that we went in in the middle of the week because we were honestly the only ones there it felt like. We really got to take everything in and just enjoy being there.
Thanks for the read… I know my writing is wack. I’m working on it 😉
All my love
Lime Crime and moonstone Palette come thru
Hey guys! So I said I would keep you updated on Crackrock performances so today I have their latest show. The last show was last weekend at Barkingham Palace in Tulsa Oklahoma! It was such a cool venue. If you ever got to experience a show at the Syc House in Fayetteville Arkansas it’s very similar. I’ll be doing a post soon about the Syc House and how cool of a venue it used to be. This place, Barkingham has a lot of gypsy punk shows and a lot of folk punk. It’s in the middle of a totally normal neighborhood and you’d honestly never guess they have house shows there until you walk inside. I didn’t get too many picture of the inside of the actual house part of the venue but trust me, it was awesome. Covered in art and music stuff. I would honestly love to live in a place like that (ps my boyfriend and a friend of ours are actually looking into getting a house venue set up within the next few month so watch out for that). Riot Waves played which was my personal favorite other than Crackrock but also a band traveled all the way from California to perform at this show. A lot of awesome bands have played at Barkingham. Like bands we actually listen to. It was so surreal to know that and know Crackrock was playing there. Idk. Not a huge deal but at the same time just so cool. The actual venue part was in the basement which honestly was a thousand degrees and crazy with how many people were down there and pushing each other around. I think this place is going to be a really good venue to play at in the fall when it gets cooler. Even though it was hot it was honestly still probably one of my favorite shows they did. I recorded the whole set and put up a 10 minute clip of it on youtube. If you are interested in watching that the link is right here.
Give it watch and check them out!
All my love
So today I realized I am very behind on my blogging. I have been wanting to share some throwbacks lately just because those are some of my favorite pictures and I love sharing cool experiences so you guys can experience them too! But… I have been kinda overlooking posting stuff that I’m currently doing! About two weeks ago the Fort Smith Riverfront Amphitheater/Park held the second annual Peacemaker Music and Arts Festival. I will say that I did not go to the first one last year, I think I was out of town because I have no idea why I would ever miss something that sounds so perfectly me. This year was way bigger than last year though. A lot of people had heard about last years events and most people including me were pumped about seeing the headliners of the festival, The Coldwar Kids! This was a huge band to have at this festival and I think it brought out a lot of people. The festival has so much potential, i think it’ll only grow and grow as the years go on which i am really excited to experience. So many cool vendors were there, people from the local farmers market I see all the time, some out of town artist, and big food chains even set up food trucks. It was honestly so cool and I wish I had been able to go last year to compare how much it has grown. I will definitely be going next year and hopefully will find a way to participate in the event.
Thanks for the read
We all got our hair done by this awful hairstylist
First Fall Game!!
So you’re a senior.. You probably feel on top of the world. Take a second and really take that in. Feel it. Be in this crazy moment of your life. Before you know it it’ll be done and you’ll be moving out and on your own trying to take on this world. This time of year always feels so inspiring to me. I just always feel this huge feeling of rebirth. It’s a new start. Even if you aren’t going into school you still feel that little buzz of excitement in the air. I was feeling really inspired by this time of year and thinking about what I wish I could tell myself when I went into my senior year.. So I have made a list to share with you.
- Speak up! YOU LITERALLY GET POINTS FOR SPEAKING UP IN CLASS DONT BE QUIET AND LAZY LIKE ME WHEN YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!! I seriously used to sit in my classes and wait in the longest class silences because no one would speak up or no one knew the answer. I just didn’t want to talk. EVEN IF I KNEW THE ANSWER. I t drives me crazy knowing that I would just sit there when I could have gotten participation points..
- Take the time to study and do your work. College and life is going to kick your ass if you aren’t willing to just try. Work isn’t THAT hard when you think about the fact that this is the only time in your life when your main responsibility is to go to school and learn FOR FREE. You seriously get to spend so much of your time learning and you should take advantage of every single minute of it. I can’t emphasize this enough. Get your work done, don’t be lazy, and try your hardest.
- Take advantage of every opportunity given to you. Like i said this is a special point in your life where you are most likely not having to pay rent and pay all of your bills. For most high schoolers you’re main responsibility is going to be getting good grades and racking up some scholarships. Take advantage of school trips, see things meet people! Join clubs for things you’re passionate about not just something that’ll look good to a school. Participate in clubs and go to school events. Be a part of something!
- Go to games, concerts, plays, anything your school puts out there! Show support for your fellow students! And usually for school events students get in for a discounted price. Whenever you find yourself bored go to something at your school for cheap 😉
- Don’t be a slob… This is more of a personal thing but I just never really understood people that take pride in wearing actual pajama bottoms to school. THat was seriously a thing at my high school. Now I’m not saying school is a fashion show. You’re there to learn so at the end of the day to each his own. But I just don’t get it. How hard is it to put leggings on and pretend you care? Also when you are dressed a little bit better it honestly helps you focus more. If you’re there in pajamas odds are you’re going to feel sloppy and be one of the people drooling on their desk in the back. Sigh.
- No one cares about you as much as you think they do. I promise. Wear your favorite crazy print shirt because odds are everyone will be too focused on themselves they won’t even notice. Wear and do whatever you want. Everyone else is too busy being self conscious about themselves, you shouldn’t have to be self conscious.
- Spend as much time with your friends as possible. You don’t know what’s going to happen. 10 years from now you guys might not even talk. Make study dates, go to games together, have bonfires. I finally learned to do this my junior year and those are honestly the best memories I’ve ever had. I spent every day after school hanging out with my friends, studying, hiking, taking little road trips to away games. This is your time.
- Be reeeeeeeaallyyyyy careful driving at parking at school. I can’t tell you how many accidents I saw in my school parking lot. Or how many people (myself included) got pulled over on the way to school. Your insurance will go up. Like a lot. And it’ll really suck for you when you have to pay that on your own. Also if you get your first speeding ticket or maybe even after your first accident take a defensive driving course. There are certain courses your town should offer and it’ll make your ticket disappear! *the more you know*
- Befriend anyone. Smile at people in the hallway. Talk to those people you stalk on Instagram. It’s so weird we spend so much time commenting and liking people’s pictures but never actually talk and say hi. I promise asking them about that trip they went on or something is not going to be weird to them. Compliment people if you like something about them! If they obviously spent a little extra time on themselves this morning let them know you noticed. It takes like 5 seconds out of your day and it will most likely make theirs. Just be a nice person. You’re all tired and struggling and don’t want to be there.. Stick together and just be pleasant.
- Don’t rush yourself. If you aren’t sure about school take some time off. If you think about it you’re so young. You’re a teenager for gods sake. Take some time, get a job, figure yourself out a little and experiment a little. It’s okay. Maybe school isn’t for you. I know so many people that rushed into school when they weren’t ready or didn’t really have direction and they flunked out by the first semester. It’s a waste of your time and a huge waste of money. Hell I know someone that knew they didn’t want to go to school but they went because “that’s just what you do” and they left after the first two weeks… Don’t let that happen to you. Take your time. It’ll be worth it I promise. And everything tends to just work itself out.
Hope you guys find this helpful or at least a little interesting
All my love and good luck to all seniors or freshman in college!
Hey guys! Today I was looking through some pictures, and I thought I’d share with you a trip I took to Hot Springs last year. If you know me in person then you know I used to not ever be able to go anywhere out of my immediate town because I used to have this terrible little red car that was literally duct taped together. This car had the front zip-tied on, duct tape to cover up holes and keep everything together, chucks in the seats missing, pieces of the inside falling off. It would break down so much that I could really only take it to school and back. I was lucky enough to receive a brand new 2015 Toyota Corolla for a graduation present. As soon as I got this car I was going all over Arkansas, exploring places I’d wanted to go for years but hadn’t had the time, funds, or vehicle to do so. I’ll definitely be sharing different experiences from last summer along with posts from my current life because I think anyone who lives in my area would love to see what’s out there and so close to you! There’s so much to do around here!
We went out to Hot Springs for the day without any real plans. I have been to Hot Springs when I first moved to Arkansas 7 years ago but when I went then I was really young and also my family just stuck too the main tourist attractions, the natural springs and bath houses. Those things are very cool but Lucas and I wanted to do stuff that fit us a little bit better. We walked on the main strip and discovered cute little antique stores and art museums. We also went to this huge flea market and loved it so much we make it back there anytime we find ourselves in Hot Springs. I forget exactly what it’s called but I would imagine it would be easy to find. In this flea market we found records and a ton of interesting little booths that I swear you can’t find anywhere else. Old pins and patches and all kinds of books and clothes. There’s honestly something for anyone in this town and I’d definitely recommend that anyone who lives in Arkansas make a trip out there! Definitely if you’re a music and arts lover. There’s live music everywhere and art shops and even this cool little punk store right on the strip!
Thanks for reading
All my love
OOTD All from Thrift Town ft Mcdonalds Restroom
Holy Mountain Record Store in Tulsa
First show of the night- Music Festival at Route 66
Loved this venue
Makeup Lewk (will start tutorials soon)
Second Show of the Night
Ryan and Lucas
Hey guys! So this past weekend Crackrock played two shows in one day and they were honestly the coolest sets I personally think they’ve ever done. Both shows were in Tulsa which is a little far away from us so we left a little bit earlier to be able to do some fun stuff before. We stopped at this really awesome record store called Holy Mountain. If you like metal and doomy stuff it’s definitely the place for you plus the guy who runs it really knows his stuff and is down to talk and tell you about pretty much any record or cd he has. I didn’t really have money to blow so I wasn’t able to get anything but my boyfriend walked out with like a hundred bucks worth of music, even an original Crass single FOR $20 which was kinda insane. Definitely will be making a trip there this weekend before another show inTulsa they’re playing.
The first show was at this place that was a little harder to find. A lot of stuff in the area has route 66 in the name so seriously every building we thought was this venue. The venue was Route 66 Event Center and we were there for the See You in the Pit heavy music festival. It was a really cool venue and everyone there was so nice and down for a good time. It was the first place they played at that was like a legit club so that was cool.
After the set at Route 66 we had to pack everything up and head over to the Tulsa Art Museum. Every first friday of the month they have a show on the rooftop and this time it was a noise show. It was honestly one of the coolest musical experiences of my life. Like I’ve been to musical festivals and seen my favorite artists in concert but this was just something else. The venue was in downtown Tulsa, roof top show, all the bands wer the kind of freaky noisey stuff I enjoy. It was weird though because since it was on top of this fancy shmancy art museum a lot of the people that were coming in were just old people dressed up all nice enjoying a day getting cultured looking at paintings… and they were just stumbling into this loud weird show. I can only imagine what they thought. But it was cool. Some of the older people I think genuinely enjoyed it, idk maybe they thought it was just freaky performance art. But it was just an awesome moment. I was so proud of Lucas and that him and his friends had just created this thing months ago and were doing such a cool thing. One of those once in a lifetime moments for sure.
All my love
Today I decided I wanted to do a small review for you guys. This post is not sponsored (but I wish it was HEY CUPSHE) but I found this brand really randomly on Wanelo and have fallen in love. A few months ago I was stumbling through the app Wanelo and found this cute little bathing suit and decided to investigate. With Wanelo I always try to research before I invest in anything because usually you have to wait 2 months for products and it might not be what you even want (usually the case). I looked into some of the reviews on the Cupshe page and looked at other girls experiences and pictures of the quality of clothing they received. To me everything checked out so I ordered the suit. It ran me about $20 plus shipping I think which to me wasn’t bad, a lot of bathing suits at Target or your local mall are more expensive. This suit had great reviews and I looked at other girls who had received it and it seemed legit and I just thought the shape of the top was super unique. My package came to me in about a month which was fine; I expected it to get to me two weeks later than that because it was international shipping. This suit is wonderful and more than worth the price! I love the quality, it’s not cheaply made and even though it’s white it’s not at all see through which for me is hard to find in lighter colored suits. This is pretty much the only suit I’ve been wearing all summer and have gotten loads of compliments on it. If you want to try something a little bit more different than your typical string bikini order it here! You’ll find that the price has been dropped to $13!
I will most likely be doing more reviews in the future (possibly in video format) so stay tuned! Thanks for the read and I will be back soon!
All my love